Recently-initiated members of Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity, the accomplishments of exceptional leaders, and a successful semester were reason enough to celebrate at the Theta Pi chapter Rose Ball. Held on Saturday, April 11, 2015 at the Hilton Hotel along the banks of Lake Ray Hubbard in Rockwall, Texas, the annual formal brought together Pi Kappa Phi members, their dates, and chapter alumni for a catered meal, awards presentation, and boat cruise on the lake.
Following dinner, several chapter members were honored for their dedication in the last year.
- Associate of the Year: Eric Serenil
- Best Big Brother/ Little Brother: Jesus Maldonado and Eric Serenil
- Best Committee Chairman: John David McPhail, Standards Board Chief Justice
- Chapter Pride Award: John Patrick Pinon
- Best Executive Council member: Austin McGillen, Treasurer
- Fogarty Award for Excellence in Intramurals: Austin Doyle
- Student’s Lamp Award for Excellence in Scholarship: Sean Reinertson
- Mr. Theta Pi: Taylor Kemp
- Rose Queen: Caitlyn Carnes
- Mr. Wednesday Visit: Hector Vincini
Each year the Theta Pi Chapter selects a fraternity sweetheart, known as the Rose Queen. This honorary title is bestowed upon one woman who embodies class, character, and elegance. Caitlyn Carnes was crowned the 2015 Theta Pi chapter Rose Queen. Michelle Olliver was also named to the rose court. Carnes was presented with a bouquet of red roses, the official flower of the Fraternity, while, members sang the traditional serenade, ‘The Rose of Pi Kappa Phi.’
A DJ provided music for the dance before members headed to Lake Ray Hubbard for a cruise at sunset. The next day, the brothers enjoyed an afternoon of fun at Top Golf.